Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - EBEW Lace Challenge

(Sweater - Anthropologie, Linen Pants - c/o James Perse, Sandals - Sam Edelman, Watch - Michael Kors, 
Bracelets - J. Crew, Forever 21, Stella & Dot, self made DIY )

What is it about super loose clothes, particularly linen pants, that make you feel like you should be on a vacation in a tropical island?  Taking leisurely strolls to dinner where you'll overlook a gorgeous beach.  Instead, I'm really just standing in a packed parking lot waiting for a table at a crowded restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday.  Happy Birthday my love :)

Never mind though, because I feel fresh as a daisy and even a 30 minute wait with 2 very hungry kids can't get me down.  It's my favorite part of warm weather; sun-kissed skin, just a touch of makeup and a free pass to never have to break out the hairdryer.  As you can see I'm still sporting the side braid, nothing really special here.  My cousin has promised to teach me how to do a fishtail braid, but I'm convinced I will fail miserably because of my freakishly weak upper body strength.  Just achieving this simple braid leaves my arms feeling like I did 50 shoulder presses.   

I'm taking part in the Everybody, Everywear Lace challenge for the first time, where I incorporate a bit of lace into my outfit.  With just a bit of lace at the waistline, I'd say I sneaked into this challenge by the skin of my teeth.  And I'm about to tell you something that may make you want to shoot me.  I got this loose weave sweater a few weeks ago at Anthropologie for twenty bucks.

Lesson to be learned here my friends?  After scouring the sale racks and coming up bone dry, take a peek through the "go back" rack before you depart.  There are usually jewels to be unearthed there.  True story, I swear.  One woman's "go backs" are another woman's "go-to" right?

Another lesson to be learned here is no matter what your budget, always shop.  Don't always buy, but always keep your eyes peeled for something special, window shop if you will.  Many times you will come up empty handed and will leave a store feeling satisfied that you didn't buy anything.  "Yes, I have will power, I am in control" kind of feeling.  But every now and then you will find something great at a fantastic deal and you will not feel so guilty about picking it up.  Case in point, this sweater here as well as this camo jacket.  It's when you try to go on starvation diets that you fall off the wagon and want to buy everything in sight.  Or is that just me?  At any rate, that is the best and most valuable lesson I have learned these past 6 months in my Project 2011 Buy Less, Give More challenge, and I thought I'd share it with you my friends :)

Have a great Hump Day!  

Lace | Everybody, Everywear

I'm also linking up with Lindsey over at the Pleated Poppy :)
pleated poppy

33 comments:

  1. lovely!! such a relaxed and classy look.
    sweet accessories, too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GORG!!! You look amazing. i just bought a pair of linen pants today. 20 bucks :) Why I didn't keep the THREE other pairs that I had in the last 8 years is so beyond me. Haha. What a great find in that sweater! AND I totally laughed at your freakishly weak upper body. Sad...but funny!

    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sweater! I know what you mean about weak upper body strength- it's a workout for me just to blow dry my hair while using a round brush. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look is amazing! Im wishing I had me some linen pants right about now.
    Have a great day, beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, dear, you rocked EBEW lace. This look is gorgeous on you, from head to toe. LURVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tips. And I cannot believe you got that sweater for $20 at Anthropologie. That is crazy good.

    LOL @ your comment about your upper body strength.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the jewels - and that you scored such a deal at Anthropologie. I need to get there more often. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry - no idea why my comment posted so many times!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lace top is nice and all but all I can focus on is that you are eating at my FAVORITE PLACE.
    Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In my major closet clean out this weekend I uncovered a similar pair of linen pants - now I'm so glad I saved them. Hope you had a nice dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, and I so agree with your shopping advice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! That sweater is amazing and looks perfect on you. I agree about the linen pants as well, now if only I could rock them like you. ;)
    Great shopping advice too, one of the rules I follow as well. You never know what you might find!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so pretty!! I love the sweater!! I'm totally in love with all your Lollipops posts. You are my fashion go-to guru for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGE GORGE GORGE!!! i want to steal this WHOLE outfit... including the bracelets. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. PERFECT outfit!!! I have linen pants screaming for a new top. And I may need to run to Anthro to see if I can snag that sweater. What a perfect summer knit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great casual, put together look. You certainly look like you belong drinking margaritas in a beach town!
    Thanks for joining us at EBEW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That last pic is super super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute top! Love the accessories. I also love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love that style - casual but still very sophisticated... the locations you chose for the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore this easy chic style and I believe in the buy less. give more too. I'm mostly a preppy girl, which is why most post this week cracks me up:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2011/06/what-i-wore-wednesday-5/

    Found you from Pleated Poppy. I'm addicted to fashion and love seeing all these fab outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm in love with this outfit! beautiful and comfy all at once. Yowza ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks so comfortable and cute! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE this outfit...casual yet chic. I usually will wear a more fitted top with flowly pants, but your choices here still look well proportioned. Will be stealing this look :).

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your outfit! I would never have thought you were waiting at a restaurant with 2 hungry kids! lol :) you look like your just taking a walk and doing some shoppin'

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this look...

    www.plumpydolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...