Quantcast

Friday, July 17, 2009

From the 40's Andrew Sisters to the Streets of Brazil!

Concert in the Park above
Hollywood Bowl Pics below







Another busy summer week but at least I have a bit of a tan to speak of :) It wasn't all just shuttling kids around day after day. Our highlights of the week were:

1. Hitting up Concert In the Park for the first time this season at Los Cerritos Park. A ton of our friends went and we had a potluck style dinner with Mexican as the theme. There was so much food and it was all delicious. I went back to my taco bell days and made Cinnamon Crispas! Remember those? Back in the day I remember it didn't get much better than a bean and cheese burrito, nachos and Cinnamon Crispas from T Bell. Now I've resorted to drinking tablespoonfuls of cod liver fish oil. Blah! Anyhow, overall a good time was had by all and the kids LOVED dancing and hearing a 40's Andrews Sisters tribute band play.

2. I had a meeting with Royal Underground, a clothing company founded by Kelly Gray and Nikki Sixx and it went great! I was immediately given a project and started on it that day. It was a small Product Knowledge piece and turned it in yesterday. They loved it! Yippee :) Just call me a freelance product knowledge writer now :)

3. I got the majority of the text written for CIU's new Website that we hope to launch in the next few weeks. I also called some potential customers that I met at the Quickbooks seminar last week and we may be doing some work for one of them. Just call me the Sales & Marketing lady for CIU Networks now too!

4. Thursday was Taylor's yoga class and swimming afterwards. Caroline and Olivia and Ali joined us too and we had a great time at the pool. This is where I got my tan :) Taylor can now swim on her back! I'm so so proud of her :)

5. Today we went to the Hollywood Bowl for Summer Sounds, a children's concert series, with my sister and Andrew. Each week is a new theme and today's theme was Brazil. We saw the Brazilian dance troop and also saw a break dancing group. It was awesome and the kids LOVED getting to take pictures afterward with all the performers. They didn't allow any pictures of the performance so I was kind of bummed, but at least we could take pics afterwards.

A busy but great week. Now here's to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...