Quantcast

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Early Bird Special

Here I sit at 10 o'clock in the morning all dressed up in sequins and silk lame.  We used to joke at the old company I worked at, known for their bedazzled jackets and tops decked out in sequins and paillettes, that a woman in Dallas would wear something like this out to lunch.  Well hello Dallas, here I come.  After this I'm taking the kids to the park and Target.  I think it's about time we turn things around here in casual Southern California.

But seriously, here's a little preview of what I'll be wearing tomorrow night for New Year's Eve.  We've never been much for going out on New Year's, too much pressure I think.  And since having kids we have the perfect excuse to stay in.  This year though we have reservations with some close friends at a favorite local restaurant at 6 pm, which gives us plenty of time to get home and ring in the New Year with the kids at 9 pm.  Does anyone else here on the West Coast watch the East Coast feed on New Year's?  The kids love staying up and blowing their horns.   I love being able to say I rung in the New Year, when really I was snug in my bed with my Kindle and pillow pet.
Outfit Details:
Top: Loft
Skirt: Loft
Belt: St. John
Tights: Donna Karan
Booties: Stuart Weitzman

Wishing all of you out there, even you way in the back, lurking around, a very Happy New Year!  Please be safe out there and enjoy, whatever you do!  I'll see you back here in 2011!

Much Love!

14 comments:

  1. wish we could be there. you look fabulous (as usual) and I hope we can get together soon.
    love you Andrea,
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look ready for 2011! Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, bummer. Looks like I can't follow your blog. You're entirely too cute!

    New Year's is a total bust once you're a parent. And, yes, here in AZ I am alllll about ringing it in with the East Coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! Hope you have a happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty pretty! i'm one of those who gets the "why are you so dressed up?" comment a lot in the middle of a weekday. because i dont think i am! if you get asked, just say: "it's just how i roll."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your haloed in that picture with the kiddos.
    And I wish I could pull off booties. I think I'm too old.
    Looking good. Celebrate away. I'll be lucky to be out my yoga pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm coming out from blurking to say I hope you have a wonderful new year - I'm sure you will if you start it in that cute outfit! Your blog is wonderful and thank you for your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous! Will you please teach me how to dress myself? :o) Hope you have a fabulous New Year's Eve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Andrea Happy New Year...I agree with you, I like to ring in the new year East Coast time on the west coast!:) And I am very much against driving late(or early am on New Year Day) and I put strict orders that my teenagers were staying home! Don't want to start the year off being a nervous wreck with my kiddies on the roads....Happy New Year to you and your family and your outfit is very nice...timeless and classy just like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy new year to you and your sweet family! i may have to borrow this outfit idea for a birthday dinner... i love it! i'm crossing my fingers those loft purchases weren't made too long ago...

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT New Year's outfit. Sparkles and silk done in a classy way? Yes, please!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. your house is beautiful. and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous outfit!! So pretty! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...