Quantcast

Friday, December 3, 2010

We All Make Mistakes

Good Morning friends!  First, thank you all so much on your sweet and wonderful comments on the mantel redo project of 2010.  It was fun to read them all when I was on my trip, where I played tourist at night and took pictures of all the 5th Avenue shop windows.  Here's a little glimpse of the Saks' windows featuring a strange yet fascinating little girl as she goes on a magical journey...full coverage next week.
 Two short nights on East Coast time really do you in though.  I've been wide awake since 5:30 am, but at least I can get a head start on packing for Mammoth.  I am so excited for this little getaway with my family and good friends.  We don't usually have the opportunity to take week long vacations since Art can't ever get away from work for very long, so we very much look forward to these short trips to get a break.  I'm taking fabric, my sewing machine, freezer paper and fabric paint with me to hopefully get some crafting done.  I plan to come back with some fun new projects to show next week.

On the plane ride home last night we watched Eat, Pray, Love and I didn't think it was really as bad as all the critics said.  I mean, didn't we all know going into it what the story was about?  Privileged divorcee goes off to find herself, with a cool $100k book advance from her publisher.  Yes, she made me annoyed, but also intrigued.  I watched the movie with an open mind, and realized that if you take it with a grain of salt, you can joyfully partake in some pretty nice eye and ear candy for the senses.  Javier Bardam, a fantastic soundtrack that includes Bebel Gilberto, and beautiful scenery.  I thought it was the perfect distraction at 40,000 feet.

In other news, friends, I will be wearing these boots in the snow.  Can I just get a "what was I thinking?"
 I bought these on Amazon last winter in a rush for a short trip to Arrowhead.  They didn't look so white online (I know that sounds odd, but really online, they represented themselves more as a creamy white color).  The moment I opened them up my heart sort of sank and I was like, "Ugh, what was I thinking?"  We were leaving first thing the next morning and I knew boots on the mountain would be grossly overpriced, so I kept them.

I have a huge aversion to white shoes (don't most of us though if we aren't nurses?).  I can recount two times in my life I have worn white shoes.  In 5th grade, and the night of my wedding when I changed out of my heels into white ballet flats to dance.  The former can easily be forgiven because of age and innocence.  The latter though is all me.  But really, I was married almost 12 years ago and back then, ballet flats were not the mom go-to shoe of choice.  Back then they were still limited to, well, ballerinas.  So I had very limited options and it was either white or black.  Sue me.

But these boots are unforgivable.  They're a Real Housewives of Orange County's fantasy.  They're shiny, with faux fur peeking out ever so shyly up top, and they're WHITE!  Other thoughts that come to mind?  Pamela Anderson would love these boots.  Cute blond ski bunnies would love these boots (not that there's anything wrong with blond snow bunnies).  But I am a brunette and please don't call me cute.  I am too old to be cute.

I can't really justify replacing them because they're really nice boots and I do only wear them a couple of times a year.  I am practical after all.  They keep my feet warm and dry and really that's all that matters.

So friends, sometimes we all make mistakes in shoes and clothing choices.  And sometimes we have to live with them.  How do I live with mine?  I bought white snowboarding pants of course, in hopes that the white pants would hide the white boots.  My brilliance really knows no bounds sometimes.  What would you have done?

9 comments:

  1. You crack me up! You can totally rock those boots...not sure anything would look bad on you...for realz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, you had me at the title of this post.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say pull your hair in a pony and don your snuggest sweater and the boots will fit right in. ;) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rock those boots! embrace the mistake! (and i'm with you eat pray love... i just didn't think it was all that bad... we already knew what we were getting into!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would have gone and gotten a good spray tan, had my nails done, roots touched up and donned a super low-cut snug sweater and some tight jeans, donned the boots and gone grocery shopping, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your boots - they are so cute!!! But, I admit, I avoid white shoes also. Obviously for the dirty factor, plus I have big feet and have always felt that white makes them look even bigger ;D Love the snowboard pant solution... hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the white shoes... I even avoid white running shoes and get grey or blue... Sorel boots are great. I guess I would keep my feet in the snow hoping they would just blend in!!! I love the white pants idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have to laugh at the boots (sorry in advanced) - this is so something I would do.. now we just need a pic of you sporting your boots so lovely as you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try to recoup your money on craigslist.com...if not..you'll live!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...