With 8 weeks to go I'm starting to try and get things in order because time really does fly, especially when the kids only have a short summer break (they go back August 8th), and 8 weeks could turn out to be 6 weeks. I thought I'd post a weekly countdown for the remainder of my pregnancy, accompanied by my to-do list as a way to sort of freak me out and hold myself accountable. Double indemnity is what they call that right? So this next week, here's what I'd like to get accomplished as the B3 Countdown begins:
- Start construction on babies room (I really won't be doing this, the construction crews will, but you know, it takes a village)
- Meet with cabinet guy/finalize cabinet design
- Order baby quilt from Etsy, lamp, rocker and prints (see my choices here). My sister told me the other day to stay away from the baby monkey print because it looked like a deranged monkey escaped from the lab, and she's kinda right. Leave it to sisters to tell you the truth.
- Call doula to talk about placenta encapsulation (I'm going for it)
- Review baby registry list after my shower on Sunday and assess the holes and what needs to be purchased still
- Clean out kids rooms while they're away at camp
You may have noticed the cute countdown tee I'm wearing in this picture. My friend Miranda sent it to me a few weeks after I announced my pregnancy and it is so comfortable and has helped my forgetful brain remember which week I'm in ;) Today she's giving one away to one of you! Save it for yourself or give it to a pregnant girlfriend. Here's what Miranda says about the Project Countdown tee she created:
I created this maternity calendar when I was pregnant with my second little boy and took photos documenting the growing baby bump. I called the series Project Baby , and thus the shirt was born.
This grey and white striped American Apparel tunic is soft, comfy, and stretchy! Order your pre-pregnancy size (or one up if you're worried) and it will grow with you. See size chart here and Miranda's shop here. The black numbers are hand screen-printed so there may be slight variations in ink and alignment. The shirt also comes complete with a red fabric pen for crossing off those weeks as they fly by.