Friday, August 6, 2010
I Knew This Day Was Coming
August 6th, 2010
Kindergarten drop-off, Syd's gymnastics class, carwash, etc.
Jean Cutoffs: Made by Me (originally Jo's)
Shoes: Converse All Stars
Holy Crap! That's all I've got to say. Okay, not really, I actually have a lot to say. But holy crap pretty much sums up all the feelings of this week and the craziness. As you know, Taylor started Kindergarten on Wednesday. I will bullet point the first three days for you, my dear readers:
1. We were late the first day. Awesome. But so typical US. We are late to everything.
2. We live right ACROSS THE STREET from the school, and we were still late.
3. Every morning has been a scramble to get there on time now. Hair brushes flying, dishes left on the table, crumbs on the counter, beds unmade, etc., etc.
4. I have warned my dear husband that this day was coming, when he would have to start getting up before 7 am to get ready for the day.
5. My husband is a night owl + he owns his own business = he'd rather stay up late to work than get up early to work. He usually doesn't get up until 7:30 and gets to work by 9 am.
6. That equation cancels out when your daughter starts Kindergarten and we have to be there at 7:55 am!
7. That equation also cancels out when we attend parent orientation and we discover that if your child has more than 3 tardies in a certain period her file will be reported to the school board! WHAT the WHAT?!?
Let's just say that we have overall been doing our best to try to keep the frantic looks off our faces each morning as we struggle to get Taylor ready, but this morning after we got home from drop off, Art and I looked at each other and just sort of laughed and screamed. We literally said with our eyes, "what just happened?" This is a whole new world for us. And we were not ready.
To put it mildly, Kindergarten has knocked us upside the head, given us a swift kick in the butt, snatched my first born child, and left me with zero fashion sense. Here's to next week!
So my apologies for not delivering the most fashion forward, well thought-out, fully accessorized outfit this week. Friends, as we make this transition, it's all I can do to brush my teeth. If you look closely at the pictures, you can see last nights makeup smeared on my eyes. I was too tired to wash my face last night and too hurried to do it this morning.
But didn't I tell you I was going to be a hot mess this week? See, I did not disappoint!