Wednesday, March 14, 2012
So to answer some of your questions, no I will not be letting go of Four Flights of Fancy. I am here to stay. Sure I may not post as frequently as before but you can't get rid of me that easy! And all my style posts will now be over at the new blog.
Speaking of which you guys, what gives? Only a small teensy tiny portion of you have gone over and subscribed at the new space! I am trying to not take it personally and realize that you all have just been to busy leading your lives to go on over and officially subscribe, but a girl can only take so much before she starts to look around and feel a bit lonely at her party. So please (yes, I am not above begging), go on over and SUBSCRIBE! You can do it via RSS feed or through Bloglovin oh yeah!
So while I still try to figure things out a bit here with juggling two blogs, I thought I'd share a bit about what's been going on with us the last week just to catch up. Oh, and I loved reading all of your comments on this post, some of them had me cracking up! So glad I didn't offend anyone.
1. Last Friday Miranda and I visited the Hatch Showroom in Downtown LA where I interviewed the owner Kay Sides. We had a great day and lots more pictures coming up soon, along with the interview, on the new blog. It's for a series I started over there called Insiders: Behind the Lines, which gives you a peek at the people behind the scenes in the fashion industry.
2. This pregnancy is exciting in a way like my other 2 haven't been. Hard to put into words, but at any rate it's been fun watching my midsection grow and I'm getting anxious to start feeling the little flutters of a baby moving around in here!
3. After our interview, we enjoyed lunch at the Nickel Diner and Miranda ordered this cucumber soda which was delicious! I'll have to track it down. It's the perfect flavor for spring and summer.
4. I myself enjoyed a small glass of wine for the first time in 16 weeks. My doc feels completely comfortable with me having a glass of wine per week, so my inaugural glass was a Rombauer Chardonnay.
5. We had my parents over for dinner the other night, and this is my dad learning how to wash dishes from my mom. He just retired last week and I'm not kidding he had not idea what to do. The man's been spoiled his whole life! Ladies, we need to make sure we teach our sons how to wash dishes. We'll have more grateful daughter in laws down the road I'm sure.
6. Hooray, I'm finally feeling better and I hit the gym again for the first time! Just some walking and bike riding, but it felt good to get the body moving again.
7. The weather has been nothing short of glorious these past few days so on Sunday me and Maddie relaxed a bit outside while the kids played and Art continued his work on the garage.
8. And finally, a new DIY is up on the other blog. An ombre seed bead necklace perfect for spring! Please go check it out!