Quantcast

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bits of Randomness on This Tuesday Morning

Good morning friends!
Am I the only one that can't ever seem to really get it together on Mondays?
I call it weekend coma or weekend hangover

I've got some fun tidbits to share with you all.
Happenings in our household.
So here we go...

We finally finished repainting the kid's table and chairs that we started last weekend.
I am quite happy with the results, especially considering the before.
All the colors we chose are from the Martha Stewart line at Home Depot.  I can't help it, I just love her.  I am drawn to those colors like a moth to a flame.  Or like Rachel & Pheobe to Pottery Barn.  Soon every wall in my house and every fixture just might be bathed in muted replicas of color.  Someone please stop me.

Meanwhile the kid's bathroom is getting a face lift.  We are still uncertain what we are going to do with this little house of ours, but we knew for certain that we wanted to fix up this bathroom.  There was a perpetual leak that had left a moldy and stained sink (Ick!) and peeling tub fixtures that always leached in the kid's bath.  This is what it looks like now:
And this is what I'm dreaming of it looking like:
Via of course, Martha Stewart.com.  I mainly am referring to the color palette.  What do you think?  Suitable for a boy and a girl?  I'm thinking of painting the cabinet the light aqua color and doing accents of the peach in the towels and maybe a simple mirror.

One other little project I've got going on is this:
It invloves a vintage frame repainted, cork, burlap and a chalk board.  Any guesses?

And I learned how to make zipper pouches this weekend too!
I decided to make these as Mother's Day gifts on Saturday night (reason #38 of why I am certifiably insane!).  I ran to Joann's at 7 pm, picked up a bunch of zippers and came home to discover I would have to learn how to use my zipper foot.  Sounds scary right?  I figured it out though and feel great tackling one more important sewing "how to".  Next to conquer, button holes.  For those that want to sew but are intimidated, I assure you that with enough patience and tenacity (oh and the help of an even more patient Mother In Law and some good online tutorials), you can do it.  Never underestimate yourself friends!

Finally my friends, on this Tuesday I will leave you this quote:
Taylor's preschool hosted a Mother's Day tea yesterday and sweet quotes like this were hung all over the walls of the classroom.  In addition, they read I'll Love You Forever.  I left in tears.  Really Mrs. Bailey, that was hitting below the belt.

12 comments:

  1. love that quote (and the creations)!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutiful Quote! what a great teacher Taylor has.... And I think those colors work well for both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors--oh that rocking chair! And LOVE the quote. Thank you for sharing.
    Love from Greta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stalker! Just kidding of course. I totally forgot to answer your question! No, I'm passing on Blog sugar. I've got a lot going on with school and all. I'm careful right now about how many times I ask my husband to put the kids to bed alone, since he has to do it so much with me in school. Trying to treat him the way I want to be treated, and all that jazz. :)

    I don't know how you find the time to do all those fabulous projects... i'm impressed! What kind of paint finish do you use? Do you put a lacquer on top?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer, I understand about Blog Sugar, but we will miss you! :) Regarding the projects, let me say that I have had those chairs since October and are just getting to them now. We had to paint them over the course of 2 weekends, but finally they are done! And regarding the bathroom, we are not doing that ourselves. Our friend is a cabinet maker and he needed some computer work done(that's what hubby does), so we traded services. A win-win for both of us. We're leaving all the tile and just getting a new cabinet and new fixtures (and painting of course, but the room is tiny). Does that make you feel better? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore every thing in this post. that bathroom inspiration is divine. i heart that funky framed mirror. it makes the whole room being painted in that yummy peach color. the chairs and tables are suh-wheet! and i am hoping you'll do a tutorial on how to use our zipper feet for those of us that are scared silly. or at least offer those cuties in your soon to be shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your zipper pouches...especially the red one, so cute!

    P.S. If you have a button hole setting on your machine it's super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your bathroom progress. It's always exciting to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am visiting from Janna's 2Cool site. She talked about your smoothie recipe today so I came over to say hi. My goodness, you had me when you say your husband supports your Lucille Ball ways. That would be my story, too. :)

    Your zipper pouches are so great! I haven't used my zipper foot yet, either. But, one day it's going to have to happen. Gulp.

    I can cry just hearing the title of the book "Love You Forever". That IS below the belt, and so very precious.

    Hope you have a blessed day,
    Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. will you force me to go to the flea market with you next time? I always say I want to go and then never make it. But maybe if you are counting on me I'll make it. Love the rocking chairs - and you know I love that bathroom pic - the mirror!
    And yes Reading I'll Love You Forever in public is hitting below the belt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather, i went back and linked up to the tutorial I used. It is very detailed and has great pictures, so overall very user friendly. And a great use for fabric scraps!
    Shanna, yes, my SIL assures me that button holes are easy because I do have the little button hole maker on my machine, but it is still crossing into the territory of the unknown that is scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kid chairs look great and I love the banner photos.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...