Happy Tuesday Friends! I plan to take the next few days off of blogging but wanted to leave you with a few snippets of what we've been up to and what I've got going on.
1. First, besides for a little less computer time, the main reason I'm taking a bit of a break this week is to sew up some new items for my Etsy shop. Heather over at Blessed Little Nest will be hosting a giveaway by moi on Friday so I need to focus on filling up the shop as much as I can. I have a few cute things to add that I hope you enjoy.
2. We are hitting our summer list hard and heavy and have checked off a few things already. Remember, Taylor's break started at the end of May, and she starts Kindergarten in early August, so we have a few precious weeks left. Yesterday we spent 10 hours at Knott's Berry Farm. Yes, you heard me right, 10 hours. I love Knott's for kids. Camp Snoopy has the perfect mix of rides for little guys like my Syd, and there's plenty of mini-roller coaster type rides for Taylor's age. There are hardly ever any lines and the rides are straightforward and simple. Am I the only one that thinks most of the childrens rides at Disneyland are freaky and scary? Sure Knott's isn't all sparkly and shiny-new like Disneyland, but for the price and adventure you can't beat it. Here's my favorite picture of the day. This is Taylor mid-air on the dragon swing. Anyone else remember this awesome ride at Knott's? In all my years of going there, this is still one of my favorites (as well as Montezuma's Revenge).
3. Did you know that I write and photograph for Chartreuse's blog? Chartreuse is a local home furnishings and accessories store and the prices and items are incredible. Wendy the Owner and Allison the Manager are so accommodating and give stellar customer service. Not to mention they have fab taste. If you can hop on over to their blog and say hi. And may I suggest you become a follower? Psst...Little inside tip: They are going to do a giveaway at the end of the month and you have to be a follower to enter to win.
4. I wanted to ask, what do you all think about Comments and whether you think it's important that the blogger respond or acknowledge the comment in some form or fashion? I try to respond to each comment personally by email, but a lot of commenters don't have an email address attached to their blog profile, so then I try to search their blog for an email address and sometimes I end up empty handed. So then I try to leave a comment in the comments section but I find that they often don't go back and check.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that i like to acknowledge comments because I always appreciate it when a blogger acknowledges my comments. I have actually stopped commenting on some blogs where there was zero communication exchanges at all. So do you guys even care about this sort of thing or am I the only one that is sensitive in this way?
5. Finally, we are out of diapers over here. I will spare you all the sordid details, but just wanted to say that sometimes children (i.e., boys) need to be pushed into things. My Syd is a perfect example. I kept waiting and waiting for him to be ready, but I think he was just ready for me to tell him he was ready. After 1 week accident free, I can officially throw out the damn diapers!
Alright friends. back to life. Sewing, working and reading (The Help) is keeping me occupied. I hope you have wonderful things occupying your time right now as well.