Quantcast

Monday, March 14, 2011

Being A Grown Up

I'm still working hard at being a grown up with blogging, which means less time for writing some of the posts I really would like to write, but more time for getting the things done that make our lives run smoother and happier.  I finished online traffic school in the last week so I won't go to jail, because going to jail would definitely put a damper on family life.  Laundry is getting done and dishes getting clean every night.  Exciting stuff I tell ya.

This weekend, despite laundry and dishes, was full and happy and somehow seemed to last forever, which is a rarity, especially during Spring Forward.  I think it helped that I worked from home on Friday, making the weekend seem even longer.  I look forward to the days soon when Fridays at home will be my normal.

We drove to Hemet for my niece's 7th birthday party and spent the day with family, and I learned one thing about Hemet.  It is far, and it makes me sad that they're 2 hours away.  We drove home to attend the school fundraiser for Taylor's school, and since the kids were at my mom and dad's we turned it into a much needed date night, going out to a great little wine bar in Long Beach.  I even used hot rollers.

Other than that, I've been spending quite a bit of time chatting with Jen and Rachel about 100 times a day about Blog Sugar.  We exchange silly, sassy and business-y type of emails about how fabulous we can make Blog Sugar.  It's pretty awesome.  We made a couple of cool announcements on the blog over the last couple of days, so get check it out if you can.  

I'll leave you with a couple of snapshots of the one and only St. Patrick's Day decoration we have up in our house.  Call me a bad Irish, but I just can't get into Kelly Green and pots of gold. 
For this project all you'll need are:
-2-3 sheets of green cardstock
-Pages from an old book
-A shamrock template (I found this one to be the perfect size)
-Tape & Glue Stick
-String of some sort
-Rounded corner cutter tool (I don't think this is really what it's called, but it's the tool that makes the corners rounded -this is optional)

Cut a 8.5x11 sheet of card stock in equal 4's.  Then trace the shamrock on your book paper and cut out (I doubled up the paper to make cutting quicker).  Glue the shamrock to the card stock and then fold over a 1/4 inch of the top of the card stock and string on your ribbon/yarn.  Tape the backside of the folded edge over the string to secure and hang!  Round the corner edges if you wish.
We will be making corned beef and cabbage and setting out leprechaun traps the night before, so I get 2 points there right?

I'm linking up to Life Made Lovely over at Heather's.

Happy Monday friends!

8 comments:

  1. You have far too much time on your hands. Just kidding! I love it..I use to do all this stuff before life got so hectic! You can burn some of that energy you got helping me if you want,over at our new dump..I mean pad! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love that banner, looks so nice!
    glad you had a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner - very stylishly done!
    Date night in a wine bar sounds like a FAB idea and it just reminded me how long it's been since 1) my husband and I had a date night; 2) I drank wine... (I'm 29 weeks pregnant and HANGING OUT for a glass of red!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love how you used book pages.....Look fantastic....

    april

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea...I'm with you on the more subtle green color ;) Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're a leader and i like and admire that. good job on the laundry and dishes. its not easy, i know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! and i love your mantel. or mantle. i always get that wrong. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so cute and I love the color choice. I am a new follower and I would appreciate it if you would come check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...