Saturday night, strawberries and frozen mango. I've also started using coconut water instead of orange juice to make it a bit cleaner.
Many people have inquired why I've given up caffeine (as a side note, I've also given up red meat but that's another story). Well, the simple answer is it gives me heartburn. The not so-simple answer is that I hate having to "need" something every morning. I hate not feeling like I can function without it. And you know what else, it makes me feel old! I remember growing up seeing my parents HAVE to have their morning coffee everyday and I would think "Poor old people, can't even function without coffee, I'll never be that way, I have natural energy." Oh how smug we are in our youth. But here I am, so desperate for coffee I'll drive through Shell gas station to grab some cheap ass coffee because I think I need it. I know it sounds silly but I've never claimed to be rational. I have decaffeinated in the house for the mornings when I just want the taste of it, and of course I'll still enjoy a Peet's latte every now and then, but I want to drink it because I enjoy it, not because I have to have it. Make sense?
Anyhow, enough about my coffee addiction. Here's a few other pics from our week that helped me not be so stabby :)
1. Tomatoes from the garden (Russian Red, Beefsteak and Cherry)
2. Beet Greens also from the garden, sauteed with mushrooms, EVOO & garlic. Excellent healthy side dish tossed with quinoa or couscous.
3. A twist on the usual spin art; we added small pebbles to make the paint splatter and spread in different patterns.
4. I continue to play with the mantel but I think I've settled on a display I like; just had to move some things around in the house that I already owned.
5. & 6. Beach day with some of our cousins.
Have a great weekend everyone!