Quantcast

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Arm Party - The Best Of

What a difference an adjustment in attitude makes!  After a few weeks of being unmotivated and uninspired, it seems yesterday's post helped me spin my attitude around a bit.  I've had bracelets on my mind, with Jen's Friendship Bracelet Swap & the Bloggers Do It Better Arm Party challenge coming up, but I've been paralyzed in being able to create anything.  Well it seems last night creativity sparked and while sitting down to watch a little RHONY Reunion part deux, I came up with about 5 new bracelet ideas; pictures and tutorials coming up tomorrow! *UPDATED TO ADD TUTORIAL LINK HERE!!

I also started looking through my pictures and found plenty of arm party inspiration shots that I've already worn in the past few months.  So instead of creating a whole new look for the BDIB challenge, I decided to just gather up the best of the best for a little look at all the ways I've been having an arm party lately.  What is an arm party you ask?  Really it's just the idea of throwing on a stack of bracelets, sometimes worn with your watch to create a multilayer, textured way of accessorizing.  So here we go...
I wore this look with a very lady-like jacket seen here so I didn't want to get too crazy with the arm party.  I'm wearing bracelets from Forever 21 and a Michelle watch.
Pretty much the same look as above, but I added the sequin leather wrap cuff to glitz up the camo.  All bracelets from Forever 21 and watch by Michelle.
Ahh, my first bracelet tutorial pieces that I love so much!  Just a simple stack of satin and sequins wrapped bangles add instant glam to any look, and is a fun juxtaposition to the masculine camo.
Another fun tutorial, this friendship bracelet was inspired by the ones I have from Forever 21.  Surprisingly, I got almost as many comments on my nail polish as I did on my tutorial (polish is Mermaid's Tears btw from OPI :)
I love this stack for the EBEW lace challenge look last month.  Bracelets are a mix of Stella & Dot, DIY by me, Forever 21 and J. Crew.  Watch is by Michael Kors
Simple look for a very preppy and casual outfit.  Sometimes you have to know when to hold back a little on the arm party, and this look was definitely one to go easy on.  
Again, I wanted to keep the arm party simple here to highlight the fun brightly colored shorts, so I just added my leather wrap cuff from J. Crew and my gold Stella & Dot chain link bracelet.  The gold Michael Kors watch is chunky and heavy, so you have to keep functionality in mind when getting ready for your arm party.

The best thing to do when assembling your arm party is to just have fun.  If you're feeling adventurous and your day allows your arm to be a little more weighted down, add a few more bracelets.  But if you start to feel ridiculous and are afraid you'll never be able to get through the day taking care of kids and/or work, minimize the look.  It's all about making it your own.

So with that, I'm off to take some shots of the bracelets I have in store for you tomorrow.  They are all cheap to make, and can be made in a matter of MINUTES!  I'm so excited!!  Have a great day everyone.  BTW, I'm also linking up to Lindsey's WIWW!

P.S. If my over use of !!! and positive attitude starts to annoy you, go ahead and tell me.  I'm a big girl, I can take it ;)

16 comments:

  1. Hey I participated in the BDIB challenge too! I came across your link and I'm loving your arm parties! Lovin all the looks!

    jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a big fan of !!!!, so no worries here! i love the red and blue prepster bracelets! all of them are great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different versions of the arm party! I love mixing textures and materials, makes the stack really interesting! Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so good! my favorite is the gold and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will never annoy me :)

    I like the recap ( i did it too) because it is hard to make things look new without buying/making new things.

    I am excited about new tutorials! Not that I have done any myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love an "arm party"! One of my fav looks right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are definitely an arm party expert! All of your 'parties' look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a very helpful, interesting, AND inspiring post!
    Good job on those arm parties!

    xx Grace
    Dream-Boating

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your look! As always this has been a fun challenge :)
    robyn of boluxe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are hilarious!!!!
    i love !!!!! too:)
    great arm goodies, for sure.
    you hot, mama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Gold and Lace Glam! So pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your arm parties! They're all so cool and well done. Love the Michael Kors watch. This is definitely one of my favorite BDIB challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will you invite me to your next arm party? It looks like the place to be! Love all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ARM PARTY!! I love it!! By the way, I tried to email you back and say hello. Your email came back undeliverable... ??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...