Quantcast

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Learning To Love the iPad

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not a big fan of using the phone and iPad to entertain the kids.  I'm not being judgmental or negative, it's just that to be honest, I haven't really spent a lot of time to find games and apps that I feel good about the kids using.  We're still fairly new to the world of the iPad and so far we've only managed to download lots of mindless games for the kids when we search "free games", and truth be told it can drive me a bit bonkers seeing them move a guy through a pipe till he comes out the other end.  I have a hard time seeing any real educational value in that. 

That's why I was happy and encouraged to hear that Disney had just created 2 new apps that are not only free, but perfectly age appropriate for both of the kids, 5 and 7, and are engaging and educational, especially for Syd as he just entered Kindergarten today in fact!
The first app we downloaded was the Jake's Neverland Pirate School, which they were both excited about because they love the show.  They both loved that they got to customize their games by adding their own photo and really found each level interesting.  
You can download the free app here, which is available for iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch:
The second app we downloaded for free was The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally is for iPads only and can be downloaded here:
I thought Taylor might think it was a little too young for her, but she loved it and had fun going through an entire episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and I loved that it was interactive and voice activated so it got the kids to actually answer the questions out loud.  Love that they're engaged instead of just sitting there.

As a mom that's still navigating her way through the world of the iPad, I feel good about these apps and feel good about telling you guys to go download them!  :) 

If you download the apps and are a Disney fan, join Disney on August 8th at 9 PM EST for a Disney Junior Twitter party! You could win an iPad. RSVP at http://bit.ly/QsXDE2 and use the hashtags #spon and #mackidtips. Who couldn't use an iPad, or an extra one? 


And I just discovered that Disney Junior Watch makes full length episodes of its most popular shows available online, for free, at www.watchdisneyjunior.com and via the Disney Junior WATCH app on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.  


A big thanks to Disney Junior for sponsoring this campaign. Click here to see more of the discussion.

1 comment:

  1. My husband has been dying for us to get one! Maybe I'll cave soon. Looks like they kids love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...