Quantcast

Saturday, January 14, 2012

On Trend For Less - Loft vs. Equipment

Good morning friends.  A little unexpected post from me this morning, but I just wanted to share a cute top I came across this morning via my Facebook feed.

This long sleeve striped Equipment blouse has been popping up all over style blogs, most recently seen on Atlantic Pacific.  I love collarless silhouette and front pocket.  What I don't love is the $248 price, and chances are this pretty color combination will never make it to the sale racks in a couple of months, surely selling out to young girls that don't have college tuition to save for.
This cute Loft polo caught my eye though for a much more affordable price of $32 (on sale in stores and online today at 40% off).  Of course it's a completely different silhouette and it's made of polyester, not washed silk, but you still get the fun on-trend striped color combination as the Equipment blouse, at a much more affordable price. 

I wanted to share this with you because this is what I often do; I see an item that I love, but is often times out of my price range, and search for something that mimics it, at a more affordable price.  When I stumbled on the Loft top this morning I immediately thought of the Equipment blouse, and so I just had to let you in on how my styling mind works sometimes.

And now that I've done my good deed for the day, I shall go back to bed ;)  Have a great weekend
everyone!  Oh and apparently it's National Delurking Day, so please leave a comment below to say hi and let me know you're out there :)  I'd love to hear who you are, where you're from, and what posts you enjoy reading the most.  Commenting is such an important part of the blogging process and community, and it's a good way to let me know what I'm doing right/wrong and what you guys respond to.  So please say "hey, what's up lady?"  I'd love to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...