Quantcast

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Hello Preston

{sweater, blouse & bracelet - J.Crew; jeans - Gap; heels - Kate Spade; necklaces - Juicy Couture & vintage; 
glasses - Warby Parker Preston in Whiskey Tortoise} Photos taken by M.Shanti Photo

I've been wearing glasses for 27 years.  I had just started the 3rd grade and my first pair were translucent pink.  I'm sure I went through a couple of more pairs that are none too memorable, until 7th grade, when I chose a pair of bright jade green Liz Claiborne frames that bore a striking resemblance to the ones Sally Jesse Raphael wore, but in red.  I thought they were cool, until a friend pointed out the uncanny resemblance.  I was stuck with those suckers until my mom finally allowed me my first pair of contact lenses in 9th grade.  Since then I've only ever worn contact lenses, and only wore my glasses at night before bed time.  But these frames have finally gotten me to trade in my contacts.  I couldn't be happier with them, and even with my bad prescription and the special lenses they had to put in, they are still nice and light weight and aren't geeky thick.  Thanks so much for all your help in helping to pick this pair.  You guys are neat :)

Yes, I wear glasses.  No, I'm not trying to be hipster; I actually need them.  Classic.  Linking up with Lindsey and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...