Quantcast

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Style Shift

{sweater - Madewell; chambray shirt - Kohl's; cafe capris - J. Crew; pearls - vintage; chain necklace - diy by me
watch - Michael Kors; handbag - Kate Spade; leopard flats - Boden} 

I've noticed a shift in my style in the past couple of months.  I'm gravitating towards the following: 
layered looks
pearls and other bauble necklaces
classic bottoms, like these capris
interesting flats
Because I've been going with more simplified looks lately, like here and here, I'm finding the need to make them a little more interesting by layering more, or using more accessories.  It's always fun to go through a little shift in personal style.  I turn 36 this year (wow) and as I continue to grow into this skin of a woman in her "mid 30's" I'm finding that I don't have much time, or room in my closet for items that are anything but timeless, classic, comfortable.  We'll see how long this stage lasts...  
p.s. I think my new year's resolution for this blog should be to plan outfit shots better and no longer take them in the parking lot of my husband's office building. It seems we've switched from the front of my house to here.
Linking up with Monday Mingle at Glamamom and Lindsey for WIWW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...