Quantcast

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Color

Just some shots I took yesterday as I was getting things ready for Friday night crafting with some friends.  Hopefully it goes smoothly so I can host more.  We'll be making these leather pouches and the rhinestone bangles/friendship bracelets.  I'm really just hoping that my cheap sewing machine doesn't break from all the leather it will be sewing.  At least we'll have Mary's as a backup.

In between organizing, I got the kids set up with a new craft; iridescent watercolor paper lanterns.  The kids loved them, it's sometimes the simplest things like just painting a new object that they always enjoy the most.  I'll share some details of this craft next week.   

Funny, as I was uploading these very "pretty" shots, I got a little self-conscious for some reason after Friday's post.  It just really stuck with me, as well as all your comments.  But I hope you know that as much as I'll try to let go of looking good, I will never fully abandon pretty.  Just like I'll never abandon being real.  I'll just keep trying to walk the line between the both.  In fact maybe that's what my new style blog name should be; Walk the Line.  Nah.  Then people might just expect a bunch of black cowboy hats and Johnny Cash crooning in the background.  Happy Thursday friends!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see the finished products. Love the idea of Friday night crafts with girlfriends! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can't wait to see your zipper bracelets! I pinned those the other day and am dying to make some!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...