Quantcast

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Mantel

I thought I'd share our Christmas mantel this year, since we've changed it up yet again.  This makes the 3rd transformation now for this mantel (see how it looked when we bought the house here, and then after we painted it the first time here).  When we painted our house a couple of months back we painted all of the living areas Benjamin Moore's Thunder, and our bedroom Weimerener.  For the fireplace we had them mix the two so it would stand out a bit and so it's a 50/50 mixture of those two colors.  It does stand out ever so slightly.

I already owned all of the pieces you see (with the exception of the metal pinecone garland), so I thought I'd switch it up a bit and go for a tonal mantel, focusing on silvers and golden bronzes.  It's the first time I haven't put any greenery on our mantel, and while I do miss the pop of fresh color a bit, I also love the simplicity of this look.  (I took the pictures at twilight so please excuse the graininess of them)
 the little trees and moose are from Crate & Barrell
 the metal pinecone garland is from Chartreuse
I've collected mercury for the past 4 years now, buying bits and pieces as I find them on sale and at Home Goods.  I love the look of mercury glass, especially for Christmas.
 the large deer is from Home Goods and the little deer is from Pottery Barn
The piece of art hangs on our mantel permanently and the little deers are what inspired sticking with a deer/pinecone theme.  it's from a local artist named Lisa Dawson and she uses a paper/varnish technique.
I think I may go back to using some sort of fresh garland next year, but for now I'm loving this simple, mess free look.  Linking up with Rhoda and Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...