Quantcast

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sequins - 1 Style 9 Ways

Hi everyone and welcome back to semi-reality.  How were your holidays?  I hope they were wonderful.  We had a great Christmas, but I am admittedly still recovering from 4 days in a row of celebrations.  By 8pm on Christmas Day I was getting into pajamas while we still had a house full of guests.  Some days I have no shame.  I don't really have any Christmas pictures to share, as we got caught up with taking lots of video footage and forgot to also take the usual 500 pictures, but either way we have some great memories captured on camera.  So instead of the obligatory Christmas post, I thought I'd fast forward and move onto a style post giving you some ideas on how you can get extended wear out of sequins throughout the year.     
There's a pretty good chance that many of you picked up something with sparkle over the holidays, either a skirt or a top, but some of you may be wondering just what to do with it after the Christmas and New Years Eve are over.  I decided to flex my styling muscles a bit and see just how far I could take my own sequins top from The Loft, and I was able to rework it 9 different ways, all with items I already had in my closet.  So if you're looking for some inspiration to get some longevity out of your sparkly something, here are a few ideas. 
{look 1: Cafe capri - J. Crew; flats - Prada; pearls - estate sale find}
This first look is probably my favorite.  Simple, yet still sophisticated, I could see myself wearing this out to lunch with a friend, something I've been trying to make more of an effort to do. 
 {look 2: skirt - Gap; flats - Gap with added studs by me; belt - St. John; necklace - Carole Lee}
I wore this exact same outfit to Christmas Eve service at church, and then to our family celebration.  I felt pulled together and festive without feeling too glitzy. 
{look 3: jeans - Gap; blouse - James Perse; Hunter Wellies - estate sale find; necklace - H&M}
To be honest I don't know how often I'd see myself wearing this outfit, but I love it just for fun.  Just where could I wear this to?  Any ideas?  
{look 4: pants - Forever 21; smoking flats - Ralph Lauren estate sale find}
This is my second favorite look and would be perfect for just having friends over at home.  The navy pants and smoking flats make it a little less formal and heavy looking and would work great going into spring.
{look 5: jeans - Gap; heels - Chloe}
This is my husband's favorite look.  It's fun and flirty and would be perfect if I were a bit younger and going to a bar perhaps?  But since I don't often frequent bars, I'll leave this look for you younger gals ;)

{look 6: blazer - Nordstrom; jeans - Ann Taylor Loft; booties - Target}
You might recognize this look from the Camp Mighty team dinner.  I still love the simple all-black look and the casual spin I put on it. 

And since Christmas and New Year's Eve aren't the only holidays to celebrate all year long, here are a couple of more ideas for an evening party. 
{look 7: silk blouse - J.Crew; pencil skirt - St. John; suede pumps - Banana Republic}
This is the perfect throw together outfit for all you ladies working in an office.  Simple pencil skirt and blouse by day, and for an after-work cocktail event, just layer on some sparkle.
{look 8: skirt - Ann Taylor Loft; booties - Stuart Weitzman}
For those of you that have been reading for the last year, you might remember this outfit from our 2011 New Year's Eve celebration.  Still a classic a year later.  Can't go wrong with gold and sparkle.
{look 9: skirt - Zara; booties - Stuart Weitzman}
This final look was the castaway outfit from the Camp Mighty party, but I still love it.  For the right occasion such as a cocktail party with close friends I would still wear it. 

I hope you enjoyed this little styling session and please let me know if you have any other ideas, or better yet, links to your holiday outfits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...