Quantcast

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Cocktail Hour

For the most part I love my closet and the inhabitants in it.  I love that my closet works a bit like Garanimals and everything sort of works together.  Jeans/pants + shirt + shoes and I'm set.  I've talked about it before, but when your closet works like that, you've got yourself a closet for lifestyle dressing.  I do have a hang up when it comes to getting dressed though, and that's when I'm supposed to wear "cocktail attire" to an event.  Perhaps I struggle with it because I go to a "cocktail attire" event oh, maybe once a year ;)

So when we were supposed to dress in cocktail attire for our team dinner at our last night at Camp Mighty, I was a little stumped because cocktail attire can mean very different things to different people right?  What made it harder when packing was that I didn't know the people I would be cocktailing it with.  Would they be pretty dressy or err on the side of casual?  I decided to pack the ensemble above, a simple black sequin top from Ann Taylor Loft and a black (and yikes, short!) skirt from Zara.  As I buzzed around the hotel room to get dressed Saturday night though, the look just didn't feel right.  I told Jules about 10 times that it felt too sexy-sexy.  The short skirt, the higher heels, the black tights just felt too NY's Eve-ish and, quite frankly, it looked like I was trying too hard.

So I changed into my black jeans from Ann Taylor Loft, which by the way fit amazing and hold up in the wash and haven't faded at all.  I think they were $59 and at Gap they're $69.  I threw on a blazer, and wore my wedge booties from Target.  I instantly felt more comfortable and felt more suited for the casual Palm Springs lifestyle.  I was in a rush so I just put my hair up in a bun and did a simple makeup routine of mascara and bright red lips and I was done.  I think this might end up being my go-to outfit for holiday parties.
linking up with Lindsey for WIWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...