Quantcast

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Bloody Valentine, Thanks to the Pioneer Woman

Ralphs had a fantastic sale on beef tenderloin this past Friday and Saturday in honor of Valentine's Day (normally about $12.99/lb, it was on sale for $6.00/lb). It pays to look at those circulars.

Since this was my first time cooking a whole tenderloin, and not wanting to ruin what is normally a $50 piece of meat, I decided to get some help. I went to the Pioneer Woman sight because I figured, a woman that cooks for a ranching cowboy husband better have a good recipe for a nice tenderloin, and sure enough she did. Here's the recipe. In the future I would use a little less Lawry's, peppercorn and lemon pepper. She makes her food "flavorful", but for me it was a little too flavorful. The potato bundles were awesome though! I whipped up some roasted asparagus, sauteed some mushrooms, and made sure to leave the beef plenty bloody, and a happy family we had. Sorry vegetarian friends, I understand if the above picture is disgusting, gross, offensive, etc. What can I say? I'm a carnivore.

We ended the meal with Delicious Baked Fudge, which was again, a little too flavorful for me. I would use half the sugar next time, but Mr. H sure gobbled it up. Topped off with some fresh homemade whipped cream, and it left him saying "I have a new found respect for Valentine's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...