Quantcast

Friday, February 12, 2010

For Him

Mr. H and I usually don't do Valentine's Day. It's a pact we made with each other at least 10-11 years ago after a few failed attempts at celebrating. To us, V-day is kind of like New Years Eve you know. So much anticipation for it to be "magical", "special", yada-yada-yada. Instead of magical and special, you usually end up with expensive, over rated, and long, long waits. So a pact we made, but it usually doesn't stop us from exchanging a card, a kiss and perhaps even a nice dinner at home.

This year though, I sort of felt that with all the stress of the past 2 months, and how much we have truly 'neglected' each other for the sake of the house and move, why not break the rules and get him a little something something? So off to Nordstrom I went this morning to pick up a couple of little gifts for my wonderful man.

First, I decided I wanted to get him a fantastic bar of soap or shower gel. You see, I love it when he wears cologne, but he often forgets to put it on. So light bulb moment! Replace his Dove shower wash with some YSL L'Homme shower gel, that way he is forced to leave the house smelling yummy. The scent is exactly how I want my man to smell. Plus the added bonus is that it's cheaper than cologne!
Next up, some treatment for his skin. I am so proud of him that he is actually starting to use the face wash Santa put in his stocking this past Christmas. Now, to conquer moisturizer. The sales guy recommended this product from Jack Black skincare. Named after one of Art's favorite comedic actors and wrapped in manly shades of royal blue and black. How can he resist?
I picked up a couple of filets at the market. Perhaps 2010 will be the year that gets us back on the Valentine's Day train?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Now go give your man a big kiss and a smack on the bum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...