Quantcast

Friday, April 2, 2010

Playgrounds & Lollipops - A Chill Is In the Air

When:
April 2nd, 2010 Good Friday
Where:
Coffee with the family, Gymnastics with the kids, Easter egg dyeing and dinner out
What:
Jacket: Ryu from Tullemoss
Layering T-shirts: Forever 21
Jeans: Jo's
Shoes: Anthropologie
Bracelets: From old job
Why:
The weather has turned chilly here in Southern California, so I had to go with a layered look this morning. I bought this jacket over a year ago from one of my favorite shops and I knew it would be the perfect spring lightweight fun jacket. Unfortunately I've only worn it a few times though because I could never find the right color t-shirt to wear it with. I got a light bulb moment when I saw a picture of a similar jacket layered with blush pink. So now an old jacket is new to me again. I love the shimmer of it.

And can I just say how much I love these shoes? They remind me of a few pairs of oxfords I owned back in junior high. I had a black and white pair, a black patent leather pair and a beige pair similar to these ones. My heart skipped a beat when I saw them on sale this week at Anthropolgie. I've worn them every day this week since I got them. This is my new ballet flat. And just perfect mom wear in that they're flats, soft and comfy and funky all at the same time. Oh and notice how they're a little "distressed"? I scoured through 5 pairs and they all looked like this. I had about 5 Anthro sales girls (and I do mean girls) assure me that they are supposed to look that way.

Oh and my jeans almost have a whole in the knee which means I can turn them into cut-offs soon! Good, since I have put myself on a shopping hiatus through at least June and I really want a pair of jean cut-offs.

Wishing everyone a glorious Easter weekend!

7 comments:

  1. You keep making me want new shoes- I need a new budget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, after months of being on a shopping hiatus when we were buying the house, I went a little crazy in the last couple of weeks, but am now back on track! They weren't that bad anyhow, $69

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures don't do your jacket justice! It is soo shimmery and pretty in person. Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love Anthropologie. They have great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute! I love this segment - it makes me smile... and a bit envious ;D Hee hee, I love that jacket!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...