Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Spring Essentials & A Bobbi Brown Giveaway!
In preparation for my trip to Scottsdale tomorrow for my BFF Lea's wedding, I began making a mental list of all the things to pack in my sweet little toiletry bag.
This is what I came up with:
1. Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick: I use this pretty little hunk of a thing everyday once the weather turns warm. Perfect for the cheeks and as an eyeshadow, it gives just the right amount of bronzing. And it lasts forever! I've had mine for a year now and I haven't even made a dent in it.
2. Moroccan Oil: This is a new discovery from my beauty supply store shopping trip, and the claims are true! It really does smooth out flyaways, makes your hair shiny and smooth. Oh and the added bonus is that it smells wonderful.
3. Smashbox Melon Drama Lipshine: The perfect amount of tint, perfect color for spring and summer, and not too ooey gooey sticky.
4. Maybelline Coral Crush Lipstick: I'm not the type of girl that takes lipstick color advice from just anyone, but when Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere recommends it, I tend to take it a little more seriously. She's right, this is a great spring and summer shade for all hair and skin colors.
5. Fresh Sugar Perfume: This is the only perfume that I own and wear. Seriously, 'nuff said. I love the light, sweet, tangy scent of it. Absolutely the perfect scent for the warm desert weather.
6. Eucerin SPF 30 daily sunscreen face moisturizer: This face moisturizer is lightweight, doesn't cause break outs on my skin and the best part is it's rather inexpensive and I can find it at a grocery store, drug store or Target.
7. Essie Main Squeeze Nail Color: This is a light, chalky color and I'm sure not for everyone. But I like the subtle hint of lavender, and since it's part of their wedding collection, perfect for a weekend wedding.
8. Vitamin C Energizing Face Spray from Body Shop: I received this as a gift a couple of years back from our house model at my old job. It's a refreshing spray that you can spritz over makeup to give you a little lift. Smells and feels fantastic.
So there you have it folks. I'm not one of those beauty supply crazies that has a closet full of stuff, rather I have just bought a few things here and there over the years. These 8 things are all some of my favorites.
Now for the exciting part! I am hosting a giveaway. My very first giveaway in fact.
Well just because. It's not because I've opened an Etsy shop, or it' the anniversary of my blog or anything like that.
Because I'm going on a 4 day mini vacation with my family tomorrow.
Because my best friend is getting married!
Because all of my special orders are complete.
Because the sky is blue.
Because I am thankful and appreciative for all of you!
So here's the deal:
Leave a comment telling me anything, you're favorite beauty product, what you'd like to try, anything really and receive an entry.
Become a follower and receive an entry (just click on subscribe to posts towards the bottom of the page).
Tell a friend and receive an entry (tweet, facebook, on your own blog, etc.) For each tell a friend you do, you'll receive an entry...oh and tell me in the comments if you've shared the news about the giveaway so I'll know!
Yes, I will be honest, I am trying to buy friends and influence people. But what the heck, I'm not the first blogger to do it :)
And what will some lucky lady win?
Your very own BOBBI BROWN BRONZING SHIMMER BRICK!!!
Yes, that's right. In no time at all one of you lucky ladies will have a pretty shimmery glow to your face and all your friends will be asking you what you did. Go on vacation, get some botox, or sell your soul to the devil? Okay that's a little extreme, but you will love this stuff!
Okay, go forth and tell a friend my friends!
Oh yeah, the giveaway ends Sunday night at 4/18 11:59 pm. I will announce the winner on 4/19!