Quantcast

Friday, April 30, 2010

Playgrounds & Lollipops - A Love Obesession With A Cardigan


When:
Wednesday April 28th, 2010

Where:
Preschool pick-up and drop-off; Art's office, errands

What:
Cardigan: Nordstrom
T-Shirt: Forever 21
High-Waisted Pants: Forever 21
Shoes: Anthropolgie

Why:
Let me start by saying this outfit is not one I would normally wear if I was actually going to the playground.  I tend to get a bit more dressed up on Wednesdays when I go into Art's office.  I could actually wear my pj's to his office, but I feel a bit more professional and ready to work when I look half-way presentable.

With that being said, let me tell you how much I love this cardigan.  It cost me $99, and the reason I tell you that is because for me, that was a LOT to spend on a cardigan.  I agonized over buying it, and then once I actually did purchase it I said immediately afterward to Jill, "I'm taking it back."  But am I glad I kept it.  I have had it for a year now and I have easily worn it 30 times, and that is no exaggeration.  That's about $3 per wear, so in my mind worth every penny.  I do believe every single one of my friends and relatives have seen me wear it.  I have worn it with jeans (denim and white), khakis, linen pants, and even shorts.  I think the gold lace detail and over-sized gold buttons make this piece a stand-out and I think it actually looks a lot more expensive than $99.

And ever since seeing Inglorious Basterds, I had been pining over a pretty pair of extra-wide leg pants.  I found these little gems at Forever 21 for $26 and they were amazingly very long.  Granted I can't wear these everyday like I can wear a pair of jeans, but for the cost, not a big investment.  They're perfect for occasions that call for getting just a bit more dressed up, like church or a friend's baby shower.

And you may recognize the shoes from a previous Playgrounds & Lollipops.  Still wearing them and still loving 'em.

Lastly, did you notice these photos?  That they're just a tad more special than the usual ones I display here?  Well, I asked my friend Miranda to shoot me this week at her house because a) I love her house.  She and her husband have such a great sense of style.  Bold, colorful, a dose of modern and the eclectic.  They live in a Cliff May Rancho home in Long Beach, with stunning light throughout.  And b) Because I love her photography.  Miranda has such a great eye and her photos are always so bright and capture so much life.  At least that's what I see when I look at her photos.  She may have a different way to describe herself :).  Please check out her photography website to view her portfolio.  Take a peek at the Product section.  Or don't if you're really hungry.  Thanks Miranda for capturing some great photos this week.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it was a little embarrassing posing for someone other than Art.

17 comments:

  1. Love these photos! You are such a super model! There is seriously nothing like a good cardigan and don't even get me started on those cute pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are positively radiant! What a beautiful cardigan too!...

    PS, I saw you walking out of Chick fil-a yesterday and I totally ruined a conversation with my friend by yelling..."O.M.G. I read her blog!!" and then poof, you were gone. :)

    PPS, You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cardigan, totally worth the splurge. That's how I justify expensive sunglasses, I figure I wear them everyday, so my average cost per day is not that much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we just talk about how pretty your hair looks here? I love it! You seriously had a good hair day here Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, CUTE, Cuuuuuute! :D Totally worth it. Those pants are darling and the gold buttons tie it in perfectly with your cardigan. I love the photos, that last one with the red book especially. Have a GREAT weekend.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the photos turned out- I agree with Shelly your hair looked especially cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that were my cardi, I'd be having an affair with it too. LOVE IT!! Cute pants too. I appreciate the $3 per wear rationalization. I need to think in those terms on my splurge items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look...great job! Miranda took amazing pics too:) I do love Mirandas sense of style as well! she has a fabulous home

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went shopping yesterday and found this exact cardigan at Anthropologie. Guess how much??!!! $138! You got a steal of a deal. The cardigan I saw was with red and white stripes. I love it even more in person. But, $138! YIKES. I am still thinking about it tho. ((((SIGH))))).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone :) My hair I owe to 2 things, Moroccan Oil and my fairly new hot rollers. I put just a few in for about 5-10 minutes and I'm done! Oh and I wore this exact same outfit over the weekend again. Yes, I am a creature of habit :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures! I love cardigans too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this great write-up

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks for revealing. Quite simple and straightforward to figure out. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are doing a fantastic job. You should routinely keep writing. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredibly easy to understand info. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much for your write-up about this subject matter, it absolutely was worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...