Quantcast

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Orange Crush

 *I'm linking this post up for Pretty Shiny Sparkly's Bloggers Do It Better assignment Neon + Neutral.  When I received the assignment, I knew this outfit I had previewed a few weeks ago would be spot on, so instead of boring you all with another post on this orange skirt, I thought I'd just link this one up.  Who knew I was on trend when I paired the bright neon orange skirt with gray?  I was just a mom trying to stretch my buck and make the most out of a non-functional, albeit cute skirt.  After all, there's not much use for a neon orange mini skirt in my life on a day-to-day basis.  Looking back, if I had to do it all over again I'd lose the gold sandals and add more arm bling.  The ever so slight tan I'm sporting on my legs would also help this outfit out a bit ;)

When I initially chose this skirt as my birthday outfit, I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it outside of a party atmosphere.  But I was determined and steadfast to get more use out of this fun little item, so I flexed my styling muscles to make it go from sexy to playful.  And yes, I realize how ridiculous it sounds to be "determined and steadfast" in anything related to fashion.  ;)

Miranda and I went to see Water For Elephants last night and I knew she'd appreciate this little outfit because a) she loves orange and b) she loves orange.  Girlfriend did not disappoint, and got dressed up for our date as well, wearing this cute maxi skirt from the Calypso for Target line.  You should have seen the two of us.  We were like a walking bag of Skittles with all that color!

The verdict?  Both the movie and the outfit received two thumbs up.  I hadn't read the book so it was nice to see a happy ending, as I kept imagining a horribly sad ending all throughout the movie.  I think I've become a pessimist after reading too many Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult books.  Reese was magnificent and Rob was well, much more attractive as a vet than a vampire.  It was kind of fun seeing a movie based off a book when I hadn't read the book.  I always find that movies never do the book justice you know?  Has anyone seen it?  What did you think of it?  And by the way, the only thing not receiving two thumbs up is a yucky cold sore again, which is preventing me from smiling too big or looking straight at the camera.  I promise I wasn't trying to give off a snotty fashion blogger vibe :)

Bloggers Do It Better
{Outfit details: Sweater & Tank - James Perse; Skirt - Zara; Shoes - Calvin Klein from Marshall's; Zipper Pouch - American Apparel; Necklace - lima bean from Tiffany's, maid of honor gift from my sister}

24 comments:

  1. I love how you transformed the skirt into casual wear. It is super cute and perfect for spring. I have to ask, just because I'm weird that way, have any of your neighbors ever asked what you're doing taking pics out in the street??? I can just picture a grandma-ish woman peeking through her curtains while saying to her husband, "that young lady is out in the street again."
    Happy Thursday!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute and I adore the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, saw the movie too. i'd say it was good and....stressful? i'm sensitive though. loved the acting. my mom just told me about the new calypso line at target! she's quite stylish. can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I love ORANGE!! Love the outfit. Another P&L fave! Great to catch up yesterday. THanks for meeting up with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE love that orange fun skirt.
    You paired it with the sweater and white top very well for a great everyday (full of fun) look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfit. love the pop of color with the other neutral tones! and glad to hear the movie was good! i want to see it as well and since i haven't read the book either i was hoping it wouldn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this skirt! It's so fun and bright, great for summer. These are some of my favorite posts; it's where I get my fashion tips. You look beautiful friend. Can't wait to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to own BOTH skirts (the one you have and the one Miranda wore!) so badly, it's not even funny. I have such an affection for skittle color.

    And I cannot WAIT to see the movie! Both of my favorite actors in one place. Mm, yes please!

    Enter my Nanny Style Contest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny, when i saw you at Target yesterday, I actually sw your bag while I was in line. i didn't see you because I was too distracted by my boys, but I caught a glimpse of your bag and thought, "that looks like that bag Andrea has." Oh the blogging world is a strange place.
    And I love that skirt.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I adore that orange skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I really really love this skirt and hope you wear it more! It's such a bright and cheery color, and I absolutely love how you styled it! :)

    And I'm glad Water for Elephants has a good ending. I'm 3/4 way through the book and it doesn't look like it yet. So sad at parts! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. yep, love that skirt.
    haven't seen the movie, glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look on you and love how you combined orange with gray. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the orange! Love, love, love it, so pretty! I really enjoyed the movie too, but I was shocked how much the animal cruelty got to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the way you transformed this trend into an every day outfit! :)

    xo Lynzy
    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ouch, cold sores. i didnt get a snotty blogger vibe, lol. i love the orange skirt! i dont own one orange piece of clothing, im jealous!
    Easy Petite Looks

    ReplyDelete
  17. That orange is fabulous and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wait one minute....look at your cardi...the back detail. I just love it!

    Love your skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I sway heavily toward wearing fun clothes to do ordinary, every day activities. Life is too short not to enjoy the little things that make a huge impact on your overall mood--like that beautiful orange skirt. You are a girl after my own heart. HUGE fan of orange. I really love the current trend of crisp whites with brights. It's so fresh! Beautiful casual but chic look that you pulled together. I also wore orange for BDIB assignment.
    Van C. of The Clothes We Wear
    Wearing motherhood with style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Visiting from BDIB... so glad I found your blog!

    I love your orange skirt, it is the perfect summer day outfit!

    Make sure to stop by my blog for the big giveaway!
    http://sweetcarolineinthecity.com/style/giveaway

    XO,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the orange of the skirt and the back on the sweater is real cute!

    robyn

    boluxe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you could do a lot with the skirt! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...