1. Strawberry Ginger Caipirosca ~ doesn't this look so refreshing?
2. Quick Strawberry Jam ~ 3 ingredient recipes are my favorite
3. Williams Sonoma Strawberry Huller ~ I would so buy this little kitchen gadget
4. Strawberry Ice Cream ~ an simple recipe for our ice cream maker. I think I'd add bananas on top
5. Strawberry Enamel Necklace ~ I love the little pop of color this would provide any outfit
6. Handmade Strawberry Lip Balm ~ this would be a nice alternative to my favorite strawberry Chap Stick}
Two out of four of my posts last week involved strawberries, as seen here and here. Tis the season I guess. I love this time of year when you can buy a crate of ripe red fruit for just a few dollars. And I love how it works out that the strawberry is the least expensive when it is the most delicious. We went strawberry picking at Tanaka Farms last week, and if you live anywhere locally in the greater Southern California area, I highly recommend this adventure. While I had big plans of making jam with our baskets of sweet fruit, they didn't even last one day before they were gobbled up.
We are growing our own strawberries this year a little bit differently. Using a tip from my green thumbed mother in law, we are keeping our berries safe from critters by growing them in an old metal wheelbarrow (luckily we had one on hand). We drilled a few drainage holes in the bottom, filled it with nice organic bumper crop, and planted away. From past experience, my mother in law highly recommends a metal over plastic wheelbarrow, as the plastic bakes in the sun and in turn cooks your little berries. Wish us luck! Hopefully we'll have our own bounty to pick from in just a couple of weeks.
I'm also linking up to Heather's Life Made Lovely Mondays :)